Updated 23rd May 2018
The privacy and security of your information is extremely important to us. This policy is intended to give you a clear view of the data we collect, how we use it and how long we retain it for, so you can be confident in submitting data when dealing with us.
We will keep this page updated so you can see what we do with your personal data. This policy applies to you if you visit our website, use our services, email us or contact us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information and will only share it with organisations we work with to deliver the services we provide where they have shown they will respect your privacy and security, or are required to do so by law.
Changes to this policy
Who we are
Our company name is Mackenzie Hughes Ltd. In this document we will be referred to by either our company name or ‘us’ or ‘we.’
What personal data do we collect?
Personal data is any data which may identify you. Or be identified as relating to you. For example, your name, address, telephone number and email address. You may submit personal data to us in various ways including through direct email, email forms on our website or via phone calls.
Personal data provided by you
This data may include but is not limited to;
- Personal details – name, address, phone number, email address and so on
- Technical information about your visit to our site such as IP address, browser type and version, time-zone settings, operating systems and version and platform used to access the website.
- Analytical information about your visit – full URL and query string, pages you viewed on our website, length of visit to the pages and any search terms you used to find our website. This information may be analysed to help us continually create a better user experience and for no other purpose.
How we use your Personal Data
Your personal data will be only be used on relevant, lawful grounds as permitted by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (from 25th May 2018), UK Data Protection Act 2018 and Privacy of Electronic Communication Regulation. These may be as follows:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests. You may choose at any time, not to receive these communications and we will not sell nor share your data with third-party marketing companies.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the UK Data Protection Act 2018. A small fee for this service may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time or discuss your privacy preferences. Simply write to or email us at email@example.com or use the form on our contact page.
Your Rights under GDPR
Under the GDPR, where we are using your data under consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Please contact us if you would like to do this.
Keeping your information
If you have submitted any information using our website email form, these details are sent directly to our company email address with no data being retained on our website. We keep email data and client files for 7 years to comply with any potential audit by HMRC after which time, if it is no longer relevant, it is deleted securely.
How we secure your data
Information systems and data security are imperative to us to ensure we are keeping your data safe. We operate and implement suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and we only host your personal data with suppliers who have confirmed that they take your personal data security as a priority.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.